Remove this ad

Lead

Oct 26 13 7:34 PM

Tags : :

If this crowdsourcing campaign is succesful then whats next for AnimeEgo? My suggestion redesigning the site.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Oct 31 13 2:40 PM

I'd love for Madox-01, Riding Bean, and Otaku No Video to get a Kickstarters for a Blu Ray release. Of course, KOR, UY, Macross, Southern Cross, and Mospeda are on that list for Blu Rays too. :-)

Shoot, just put everything up as a Kickstarter. Out of curiosity, I wonder if it would be possible for some of those shows to be tied to the same Kickstarter? Doesn't Riding Bean and Madox-01 come from the same Licensor? I wonder if you could get the option to license Madox-01 and then run a KS to see if you can reach the goal to cover a license, production, etc to release both shows together? Might work for the more obscure titles.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Nov 13 13 7:53 PM

I'd love an Otaku no Video Blu-Ray as well, though I'm not sure if the live action segments could be restored well. I'm no expert, of course.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Nov 27 13 11:45 PM

Would it be possible to get a Blu-Ray release for the Urusei Yatsura movies? I wouldn't mind if that ended up being the next Kickstarter you guys did; I'm a pretty big Mamoru Oshii fan, so having those first two films in HD is a must for me. And of course, because Lum in HD should be everyone's top priority.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Dec 2 13 3:14 PM

In terms of Blu-Rays for the movies, from what I understand the Japanese release was canceled. That would mean that if AnimEigo were to do another Kickstarter for them, they'd have to fund a new HD transfer for them. I'd love for that to happen, but I don't know how feasible it is.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Dec 3 13 5:02 PM

HD transfers can be pricy.

I personally would love to do ONV; the video segments would be an issue but could be upconverted.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#8 [url]

Dec 3 13 5:48 PM

I'm sure people would be okay with the video segments being upconverts as long as the animated segments are in HD. I'd be okay with it, at least!

Quote    Reply   

#11 [url]

Dec 6 13 11:36 AM

@Ozu

I don't really know the exact situation with Macross, but Animeigo was able to release it before (ADV was too), which suggests it MIGHT be possible. I've no idea if the situation's changed or the requirements would be different at this point, though.

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Dec 6 13 2:00 PM

Glorian wrote:
I don't really know the exact situation with Macross, but Animeigo was able to release it before (ADV was too), which suggests it MIGHT be possible. I've no idea if the situation's changed or the requirements would be different at this point, though.

Wouldn't Macross Frontier be "easier" in that regard? HG doesn't seem to have any any stake in it besides the name Macross. Manga did get away with Macross Plus.
Makurosso Frontier? Kind of what they did with Lupin in the past and renamed him Rupan because of trademark issues.

--
BGC Early Adopter Premium
Time never betrays dreams. But dreams must not betray time.

Last Edited By: psptzjchpksfhtbwdfqvyplltyefn Dec 6 13 2:27 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Dec 6 13 11:11 PM

If it's possible, I'd love to see it happen! I don't know how invested HG are in the various titles, though. Personally I'd love a Blu-Ray release of "Do You Remember Love?" over here, but that's perhaps the most unlikely.

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Dec 8 13 1:17 PM

I would like to see more Samurai Films.

I've bought every Samurai film you have released! For the most part there isn't a one that I have not really enjoyed. I would love to see AnimEigo finish the Shinobi No Mono series. Maybe even pickup and do a quality release of the StreetFighter films.

I just can't get enough of the high quality Samurai films you release!

Fred

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help