Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Jan 10 14 8:46 PM

Madoverlord, Don't the poker chips have the option for a lead center to increase the weight? I'm in the military and we have plenty of plastic coins with that fake ugly bronze color, but I think they are weighted.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#23 [url]

Feb 7 14 10:50 AM

Blah. I don't have the tools to really put together any of my ideas well, but maybe I can describe one or two. I'll keep trying, but I'm just not that handy with MS Paint. ;)

So I'm thinking on the front, the text around the top be Bubblegum Crisis Ultimate Edition and along the bottom be RESIST. I'd like to try to get the helmets of all four Knight Sabers in the interior, with color.

On the back, the text around the top would be Crowdfunding Participant (or similar) and SURREDER (or similar) along the bottom. I'm all for putting in a picture of Largo or a Boomer or something similar, but didn't find any pictures that really caught my attention.

My wife works with Photoshop. Maybe I'll get her help to pull something together.

Quote    Reply   

#26 [url]

Feb 8 14 6:31 AM

Images: Largo and Sylia are the leaders of the two opposing forces, more then one character would require more detail and smaller images. Largo's image was one of the few that made him fit a “coin image”, I enjoyed others but they made him appear how he really is or basic. Sylia's image was one of the few that I found to be big enough, and not angry or crossed eyed. The image's were colored gold and shaded to reflect the detail, and how they would look without color.
Pay/Hire: Since this is a coin, two sides to reflect the decision of the citizens of Mega Tokyo of how to spend their money; Pay Largo for his “service”; Hire Sylia for help. Hiring has a sense of freedom and choice attached to it, while Pay has a sense of requirement...or else something might happen.

As suggested by another member, Dai, and interpreted by me; A presentation of the Genom Tower and Knight Sabers coin:image
The helmets must be arranged in a certain manner to preserve the “rabbit ears” for two of the helmets, they are simple enough to not require a lot of detail, as opposed to faces.

Genom Tower is a bit difficult to show, it is a simple design, but requires a lot of detail to make it appear like anything other then a pyramid. This shown, would be simple without the detail.

Quote    Reply   

#28 [url]

Feb 8 14 8:40 AM

Here are some very, very rough designs I whacked together in 10 minutes using the template (and no previous Illustrator experience)

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#30 [url]

Mar 20 14 12:46 PM

Here is a quick turntable of my first attempt with the Coin template.  I changed the Heads side during lunch, making the text larger and the top now says MEGATOKYO     2032 AD     BUBBLEGUM CRISIS     and the bottom says KNIGHT SABERS, or that could be changed to something positive/profound that one the the KS says during the anime.  I need to run deep though my archive of images to find the ones I want and then I will update my AI file.

The Tails says 'GENOM HEAVY INDUSTRIES' on the top (until I verify what the most verbose title for GENOM was), and MAD MACHINE at the bottom. 

All my Challenge Coins are in the 38/40mm diameter range an have a lot of sculpted detail.  Are we only allowed to use lines?  Can we have multiple levels of depth in the pressing? 

I'll replace the vid when I update my ideas a bit more.

Jeff

Quote    Reply   

#32 [url]

Mar 21 14 11:11 PM

ComSR,

Thanks for that pointer, I also thought about expanding the Tails side to include the trinity of evil from BGC;  USSD, GENOM, & SDPC.

I still need to find the right images for the centers of each side, but this is the next version of the outer rings.  On the front, which is more prevalent in referring to the date in BGC, 2032 AD  or AD 2032, I seem to recall seeing both used interchangeably in the RPG books.

Thanks,

Jeff

Quote    Reply   

#33 [url]

Mar 24 14 3:14 PM

There is a limit to the fineness of the linework (which are raised ridges of metal) and the wells of color inside them. My graphics guy Matt has come up with an interesting design that I will post once he iterates it.

Quote    Reply   

#35 [url]

Aug 13 14 1:25 AM

Hello!

My name is Maxchal Lengecoins and I'm the director of marketing and wholesale of custom challenge coins For Anything. We not only create custom coins for businesses and groups across the country (we have designed 25,000 coins since 2010), but also carry a large inventory of product available through wholesale and resell programs. Our inventory includes challenge coins, lanyards, key chains, bookmarks, pins, tick tacks, cufflinks and more. thanks

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help