Remove this ad

Lead

Dec 19 13 10:33 PM

Tags : :

I saw the thread asking about coupling an English soundtrack with the Blu-ray release, but not one asking about just the original, Japanese soundtrack. Would it be possible at all to include it on CD with the Blu-ray set?
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Jan 26 14 3:09 PM

Any word on the possibility of an OST?

I am thinking it would be a nice edition that almost everyone could universally appreciate for premium and above pledgers. Rather than an RPG pdf or similar items that I think are rather limited appeal.

You could even offer it as an addon for lower pledgers that they could Paypal X amount and get the soundtrack CD. I imagine if you negotiated it as a limited license, e.g. only distributing the CD as part of the Kickstarter campaign and not making it available otherwise, there is a possibility of getting a license at reasonable cost?

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Jan 26 14 5:24 PM

The licensing issues for an OST are complex and I don't think it could be done within the time we have available. Even if it were, the cost of the license plus the production of the CD would exceed the basic budget available, so it would be a premium-only option.

The bottom line is: it isn't practical.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Feb 21 14 9:33 PM

madoverlord wrote:
The licensing issues for an OST are complex and I don't think it could be done within the time we have available. Even if it were, the cost of the license plus the production of the CD would exceed the basic budget available, so it would be a premium-only option.

The bottom line is: it isn't practical.

Are you talking about the ENglish or Japanese soundtrack?  I would prefer the ENglish soundtrack on CD.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Feb 23 14 6:15 AM

English soundtrack doesn't really exist as you might hope for it. The only parts of the tracks that were translated were the parts that actually appear in the OVAs. The complete songs don't exist in English.

It would have been an interesting option to get the voice actors back in to sing, but then you have the age differences (Think the OVAs were done on VHS in '94, so 20 year difference) and the cost of licensing the entire karaoke track and then production of the track. If they went digital distribution, maybe.

But it's all academic now. The ballots are out and waiting to be cast and tallied, and the OST didn't make it in any form.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#6 [url]

May 4 14 1:44 AM

So stuff like Konya Wa Hurricane (There's A Hurricane Tonight) doesn't have a full version in english then. I seem to remember Rock Me was maybe close to a full version in english though?

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

May 5 14 7:39 AM

Correct. There is no full length version of any of the English tracks, only what you hear in the video.

Rock Me might be close to the original Japanese, but we won't be getting any of the audio on a CD or MP3 download or whatever. It wasn't part of voting, and either way they would have needed to license the music, which would be costly and is quite complicated to pull off, apparently.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

May 9 14 11:59 PM

I still think we should have another Kickstarter since it is clear that the process for the Genom Records Album is currently impossible with the set. I myself love both the English and the Japanese tracks and if we could even have new updated English tracks I would be just as enthusiastic as I am with this box set. I'll probably drop two hundred at most on it, if it does happen like that. Annoyingly, music is a pretty savage place to be in and produce, so I know it won't be easy nor cheap. Few of the things you can do is find ways to monetize the album (Such as Youtube and the like) and even suggest new songs in the same style or even the same artists if that will tickle the people that need the attention. Anything to make more money with on the thing the better.

Last Edited By: 25233Guyver May 10 14 12:06 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Jun 2 14 9:15 PM

Robert, while we're on the topic of the songs....will the HD set have the capability to turn off the song subtitles? 

I might be in the minority, but I like listening to the music without caring too much what the lyrics are trying to convey.

Rather, I'd like to see more of the picture. Just didn't know if that's an option this time around!

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Jun 3 14 4:19 AM

OmegaSea wrote:
will the HD set have the capability to turn off the song subtitles?  
It might not be use for you, but the one of the translations should have an alternative track with that turns the song subtitles off.

--
BGC Early Adopter Premium
Time never betrays dreams. But dreams must not betray time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help