Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Nov 11 13 1:02 PM

madoverlord wrote:
The actual work of getting SW from our current tape transfer to HD, doing the subtitles and encoding, that's <$1k.
A VHS tape master dump to Blu-ray? That doesn't happen very often. O_o

If every current backer increased their pledges by $10, that would already give an extra 15k in the budget.

--
BGC Early Adopter Premium
Time never betrays dreams. But dreams must not betray time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#24 [url]

Nov 12 13 2:01 PM

480i60, though if the transfer was straightforward, I could reverse-telecine it to 480p24. But a lot of early transfers had weird artifacts (like frames partially blended with each other) that make reverse-telecine impractical.

Quote    Reply   

#25 [url]

Nov 12 13 3:16 PM

madoverlord wrote:
480i60, though if the transfer was straightforward, I could reverse-telecine it to 480p24. But a lot of early transfers had weird artifacts (like frames partially blended with each other) that make reverse-telecine impractical.
As I am aware, there's no 480i60 in the official BD spec :) The only resolution that supports 60FPS (actually 59.94) is 720p. Say no to juddering and ghosting.

--

Quote    Reply   

#26 [url]

Nov 13 13 10:44 AM

AD Police would be my top pick for the next thing to include (preferably with the UK dub, if possible), with Bubblegum Crash second (if it became a viable option), and 10 Little Gall Force/Scramble Wars third.

Quote    Reply   

#27 [url]

Nov 13 13 3:38 PM

Dai wrote:
AD Police would be my top pick for the next thing to include (preferably with the UK dub, if possible), with Bubblegum Crash second (if it became a viable option), and 10 Little Gall Force/Scramble Wars third.

You want 6+ episodes of 2 different series, acquired with only about $10K to play with?

oldowlJeanne Hedge
www.jhedge.com

"Believe me, if I have to go the rest of my life without companionship, knowing myself won't be a problem."
-- Gabrielle of Potadeia

Quote    Reply   

#28 [url]

Nov 13 13 7:50 PM

I'm also going to throw my hat in for AD Police Files. If you can get Scramble Wars, that would be nice too. Naturally if whatever issues surrounding Bubblegum Crash clear up, it would be a no-brainer. Really, the more anime I get in one big set, the better! :D

Quote    Reply   

#29 [url]

Nov 14 13 7:59 AM

Robert J. Woodhead wrote:
Just using very rough off-the-top-of-my-head numbers, I'd say we'd need to get to $100k+ to have enough to do ADP.

I've got a question since I'm really confused here. From what I understand right now it is possible to get AD Police with a new HD print as an extra, right? In another topic, Mr. Robert, you also mentioned about the possibility of three disc edition. So my question: is it currently possible to get the AD Police on the third disc with the rest of the extras or we can only get one of these two?

Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

Nov 14 13 8:17 AM

I'd have to run the numbers to figure out if we could put ADP on the third disc or whether it would require 4. However at this point, it's moot, because we'd need the KickStarter to hit over 200k to have enough in the budget to do a new HD transfer.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#31 [url]

Nov 14 13 8:25 AM

In that case - let's just get BGC on 3 discs to preserve the bitrate. And get ADP next year when you do a new kickstarter *wink, wink, nudge, nudge*

Edit: pardon me if I sounded like a piece of shit in the pre-edit. Didn't mean it, really.

Last Edited By: Xenonas Nov 14 13 8:31 AM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#32 [url]

Nov 14 13 11:19 AM

Jeanne Hedge
Dai wrote:AD Police would be my top pick for the next thing to include (preferably with the UK dub, if possible), with Bubblegum Crash second (if it became a viable option), and 10 Little Gall Force/Scramble Wars third.

You want 6+ episodes of 2 different series, acquired with only about $10K to play with?

I'm not sure where you got that idea.  I was just stating order of preference.

Last Edited By: Dai Nov 14 13 11:24 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#33 [url]

Nov 14 13 11:33 AM

Xenonas wrote:
In that case - let's just get BGC on 3 discs to preserve the bitrate. And get ADP next year when you do a new kickstarter *wink, wink, nudge, nudge*

I agree.  I think a BD set with all of the other anime being thrown around for extras on this set [i.e. ADP, Bubblegum Crash (circumstances permitting), Scramble Wars, etc. . .], could be put into one set for another project, and have all of its own extra materials and what-have-you.

That is, of course, assuming this Kickstarter ends up being as successful as we hope it will be and its success is enough to warrant another Kickstarter being a viable option.

Quote    Reply   

#35 [url]

Nov 14 13 2:33 PM

nikolas602 wrote:
Xenonas wrote:In that case - let's just get BGC on 3 discs to preserve the bitrate. And get ADP next year when you do a new kickstarter *wink, wink, nudge, nudge*

I agree.  I think a BD set with all of the other anime being thrown around for extras on this set [i.e. ADP, Bubblegum Crash (circumstances permitting), Scramble Wars, etc. . .], could be put into one set for another project, and have all of its own extra materials and what-have-you.

That is, of course, assuming this Kickstarter ends up being as successful as we hope it will be and its success is enough to warrant another Kickstarter being a viable option.

I suggested this elsewhere too. As this point I think it would be best to focus the premium budget on the extras and everything to make for the best possible Crisis set and leave the OVAs for their own Kickstarter campaign. We can still get the OVAs later on, extras for Crisis however we can't. This is their only chance.

I believe having the OVAs in their own set later on would turn out better for us in the end as they'd have their own packaging and extras.

Quote    Reply   

#36 [url]

Nov 14 13 3:18 PM

The next Kickstarter project can just be a combination of titles - AD Police, Crash, and Scramble Wars - for a new HD master / BD release. That should certainly garner the support needed to make it happen. Otherwise, a 3rd BD now can be all Crisis related content while ensuring the best possible quality for the episodes. And yes, keep Hurricane Live as a single piece!

Quote    Reply   

#37 [url]

Nov 22 13 2:25 AM

I would really love to AD Police OVAs get a Bluray treatment. But perhaps they should be tackled separately after the BGC kickstart end. I am also in for Scramble Wars added as bonus :)

Quote    Reply   

#39 [url]

Nov 30 13 1:38 AM

Tuxedo Mark wrote:
Count me as someone that wants AD Police Files included. Also, is it still possible to donate?
Donate 40k+ and it it will become possible.
If you're already a backer: here
If you aren't: here

--

Quote    Reply   

#40 [url]

Nov 30 13 1:42 AM

I would rather have anything that didn't feature the Knight Sabers as the main characters relegated to it's own seperate release.
Someone suggested a box set with all the different series together after all the sets were released, that would be good too.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help