Remove this ad

Bonus Feature Recommendation: The 2 Sonorama Audio Dramas (Previously only released on cassette tape)

Rss     Subscribe     Share     Tweet    

0 Points

Lead

Oct 4 13 5:46 PM

Tags : : , , ,

Like the recommendation of including a soundtrack CD for the UOE BGC BD set, I'm just gonna throw it out there with this recommendation for the two BGC Sonorama audio dramas to be included and translated as either a bonus video feature on the BD (with a static image or minimal moving background visuals as the audio plays with subtitles at the bottom), or as a bonus CD with a booklet containing the script for people to read along.

These two audio dramas, ちょっとあぶナイトセイバーズ (One Little Dangerous Knight Saber) & とLOVEるウォーズ! (To-love-ru Wars), aren't really that well known so I think it'd be great if some sort of rarely heard of BGC side stories were included in the set for some new exclusive content. While I personally own the two cassette tapes myself and have listened to them, it'd be cool for the other fans to finally be able to hear it as well as they have some good character focus on Nene in one story and the other contains an amusing and weird look on Genom's workings.

Only issue for this would probably fall onto a separate licensing goal and difficulty in obtaining it, since the two audio dramas were released under the Asahi Sonorama label which appears to be a division of the Asahi Shimbun Publishing company.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#3 [url]

Oct 5 13 10:15 AM

Great suggestion! I'd recommend static images rather than anything involving motion, but that's just me. I don't know how crazy I'd be about ComSR's suggestion of timing images to the dialogue; it's one thing when it's original images done specifically for the drama track that are used as direct visual accompaniment, as you see on some Japanese releases, but I think a lot of the appeal in that sort of thing is lost if it were, say, just random Nene images popping up when Nene spoke.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Oct 14 13 1:25 AM

LeonMcNichols2040Yea, I would hope for static images of the characters from the scene being portrayed. It gives the fan the ability to form a more vivid picture in their head on whats going storyline wise.

Agreed - the character portraits could be made to represent whatever action is going on, such as a battle shot, talking, embarrassed, etc. Or just generic talking shots for everything would still be better than nothing.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Oct 14 13 5:34 AM

eastx
LeonMcNichols2040Yea, I would hope for static images of the characters from the scene being portrayed. It gives the fan the ability to form a more vivid picture in their head on whats going storyline wise.

Agreed - the character portraits could be made to represent whatever action is going on, such as a battle shot, talking, embarrassed, etc. Or just generic talking shots for everything would still be better than nothing.

Like the portraits in a visual novel game? Finding the right pictures might take some time and might be subject to approval.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Oct 29 13 2:46 PM

Definitely a great idea.  There was an old fan-made Evangelion pic-sub done this way... luckily Youtube still has a copy:
[url]
I'd like something along those lines.  But, yanno, with sexy HD Knight Saber artwork.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Oct 30 13 5:04 AM

madoverlordWell, we'll just let ComSR do the video track to go with the audio one, since its his idea.

If I am allowed to, then yes :)

Bubblegum Crisis: the Visual Audio Drama (VAD).

components:
audio
BD soft subtitles
1080p 24fps character stills (most likely sourced from Omake archive)

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Oct 30 13 5:25 AM

Just another suggestion for this. Perhaps it'd also be good if the original cassette tape artwork covers were used as the thumbnail images when selecting the audio dramas on the BD menu. I know the one for "ちょっとあぶナイトセイバーズ" was included in one of Kenichi Sonoda's artbooks so a HQ image of that can be sourced. Not sure about the one for 

"とLOVEるウォーズ!" though.

av00456.jpg

av00200.jpg

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Nov 21 13 8:56 PM

It would be great if we could also get the dramas as mp3s on the disc so we can listen to them on-the-go.
If we do get scripts, a Japanese version in pdf form would also be very much appreciated :)

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Nov 23 13 8:58 PM

DerujiIt would be great if we could also get the dramas as mp3s on the disc so we can listen to them on-the-go.
If we do get scripts, a Japanese version in pdf form would also be very much appreciated :)

Just as long as that's not the only format they come in. I myself can't speak Japanese and without the benefit of at least a character portrait, would have no idea who is even speaking at the time, let alone what they're saying. :p

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Nov 25 13 7:11 PM

I like this idea also, they did this for a few Code Geass ones on the Bandai releases, was very cool. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help