Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Oct 18 13 5:45 AM

Actually, it's the challenge coin that bumped the price to $50 (+$5)

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#23 [url]

Oct 18 13 12:41 PM

First, they mean doing a lot of work ahead of time costing things out.

Second, they are not an efficient use of resources. The value *I* place on certain bonuses may be quite different from the value that the community of supporters place on them. By letting the supporters decide, the value is maximized.

Third, it's an experiment I want to try. In the long run, it'll be more work (running the voting on what gets done, for example), but I think the value of what I'll learn from doing it makes it worth it.

I added the Challenge Coin as a way to thread the needle, and enable a lower tier.

Remember: my goal here is not just to do BGC, but to explore a new model for releasing.

Quote    Reply   

#24 [url]

Oct 21 13 9:26 AM

MarcFBR wrote:

Star Citizen has over promised and under delivered based on playing the game based on what they initially promised, which is making people wary of crowdsourcing, not to mention that let's be honest... it doesn't use the Trek brand, but I don't know anyone who tossed in on that without going STAR TREK!

That's a totally inaccurate statement on Star Citizen. Like Mighty #9 with the creator of Megaman as it's main developer, Star Citizen was sold on Chris Roberts pedigree as the developer of the Wing Commander franchise and it being more Flight-Simulator style Space Gameplay. Also they've only released the hangar module so that people can see the ship's they've pledged for, so there really isn't a game yet, but at least they are posting their progress schedule. I really don't know where you get that STAR TREK vibe from, because the game is more Space: Above and Beyond, or Battlestar Galactica  then Star Trek.

Quote    Reply   

#25 [url]

Oct 21 13 4:36 PM

Series5Ranger
MarcFBR wrote:

Star Citizen has over promised and under delivered based on playing the game based on what they initially promised, which is making people wary of crowdsourcing, not to mention that let's be honest... it doesn't use the Trek brand, but I don't know anyone who tossed in on that without going STAR TREK!

That's a totally inaccurate statement on Star Citizen. Like Mighty #9 with the creator of Megaman as it's main developer, Star Citizen was sold on Chris Roberts pedigree as the developer of the Wing Commander franchise and it being more Flight-Simulator style Space Gameplay. Also they've only released the hangar module so that people can see the ship's they've pledged for, so there really isn't a game yet, but at least they are posting their progress schedule. I really don't know where you get that STAR TREK vibe from, because the game is more Space: Above and Beyond, or Battlestar Galactica  then Star Trek.

Somehow my brain saw it as Star Command, and even though I typed up Star Citizen, I never noticed.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#28 [url]

Nov 24 13 8:19 PM

Coin

Just wanna say that the coin thing is the last thing that I'm concerned about.  Put as little money as possible on it and use the money saved on the actual product.

Quote    Reply   

#29 [url]

Nov 24 13 8:56 PM

Norbie wrote:
Just wanna say that the coin thing is the last thing that I'm concerned about.  Put as little money as possible on it and use the money saved on the actual product.

Agreed!

Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

Nov 25 13 3:06 AM

Congratulations.

But it could have been higher if some media didn't decide to ignore the Kickstarter's existence and there had been at least one concrete stretch goal in the first place, though.

--
BGC Early Adopter Premium
Time never betrays dreams. But dreams must not betray time.

Last Edited By: psptzjchpksfhtbwdfqvyplltyefn Nov 25 13 5:51 AM. Edited 3 times.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help