Remove this ad

Lead

Oct 26 13 8:29 AM

Tags : :

I was wondering if bubblegum crisis would be availbe on lib ray http://lib-ray.org/

Also some other cool ideas stretch goal to have all the other bubblegum crisis series that you don't have the rights to.
  • A.D. Police: To Protect and Serve (1999): A 12 episode TV series prequel to Bubblegum Crisis and to A.D. Police Files, as the last episode reveals the setting is the year 2020.
  • Parasite Dolls (2003): A three-episode OVA about Branch, a secret division of the A.D. Police.
  • Scramble Wars released with Ten Little Gall Force. A massive crossover event between Bubblegum Crisis, Gall Force, Genesis Survivor Gaiarth, AD Police and Riding Bean
  • Holiday in Bali special (live action)
  • Hurricane Live 2032
  • Hurricane Live 2033
Video games
  • Crime Wave: game for PC-88, set in Megatokyo and featuring Knight Sabers as the main characters
  • Bubblegum Crash: game for TurboGrafx-16
Comic book  Other
  • Bubblegum Crisis role-playing game produced by R. Talsorian Games. It introduces an alternate setting named "Bubblegum Crossfire", basing on a premise that data units with hardsuit blueprints have been sent to more individuals than just Sylia Stingray, resulting in that by 2033 there are numerous Knight Saber-like groups spread all over the globe. RTG's license to produce this game has expired and at present all copies of back stock have been sold.
  • "Bubblegum Crisis: Before and After" (covering material from A.D. Police Files and Bubblegum Crash)
  • "Bubblegum Crisis EX" which includes completely new materials (also incorporating early design concepts for BGC mecha and hardsuits as new variants)
  • Ground Zero Games produces four sets of 28 mm scale miniatures based on Bubblegum Crisis
  • Knight Sabers
  • Boomers (actually BU-55 combat boomers)
  • A.D. Police officers
  • "GENOM bosses" (pack contains Quincy, Mason and GENOM battlesuit)
"Soldier Blue" novel by Toshimichi Suzuki. Translated into English language in 1997 by R.Talsorian Games

Last Edited By: CrazyAxe Nov 1 13 12:46 AM. Edited 1 time

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#5 [url]

Nov 1 13 11:03 AM

You come up with ideas, we'll cost them out, then you vote on how the excess budget gets used.

It would be easier if we knew how much is needed to reach specific goals. Otherwise it's going to be just wishful thinking (what ifs).
About remasters... will they be scanned in higher resolution than 1080p (2K, 4K) and then downscaled to 1080p? This can result in better quality. Giant Robo was recently done in 4K.

Here's my list for strech goals in successive order based on other's suggestions from here and elsewhere so far.
I can suggest more, but I think they're better suited as pledge reward tiers (figures and other merch). These are more content-oriented.
  • Bubblegum Crisis karaoke (isolated JP/EN score) bonus feature
  • Audio drama (One Little Dangerous Knight Saber/To-love-ru Wars/Soldier Blue) with English subs and character images
  • Super Deformed Double Feature (Ten Little Gall Force/Scramble Wars) HD remaster
  • Digital copy of Bubblegum Crisis: Grand Mal comic, compatible with e-book readers
  • Digital copy of Bubblegum Crisis: B-Club Special and Soldier Blue novel in English, compatible with e-book readers
  • AD Police Files HD remaster
  • Bubblegum Crisis subtitled in additional languages
  • Bubblegum Crisis redubbed in English
  • New staff commentary/interviews (EN/JP)
  • Bubblegum Crash HD remaster
  • Complete OST CD JP/EN
  • Packaging upgraded from chipboard to Paul Champange metal box signed by Kenichi Sonoda (+new sketch?)
  • Everything subtitled in additional languages
  • AD Police Files redubbed in English
  • Bubblegum Crash redubbed in English
  • Printed artbook (best of compilation)

--
BGC Early Adopter Premium
Time never betrays dreams. But dreams must not betray time.

Last Edited By: psptzjchpksfhtbwdfqvyplltyefn Dec 3 13 12:46 AM. Edited 4 times.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Nov 1 13 6:53 PM

I'm glad this got a bump. I think a part of the momentum of Kickstarter is found in having discrete goals. If there's a goalpost, we can reach for it. Personally, picking from ComSR's list, I'm most interested in material that hasn't been seen in English before, so the audio dramas, the novel, and new interviews are the most enticing to me.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Nov 2 13 11:48 PM

I agree, if we're going to keep the momentum going, we need to actually structure and finalize some plans here, or it'll just be a chaotic mess. Waiting till the Kickstarter is over might be missing some opportunity. I think we've pretty much sussed out the obvious things we'd like to include (thanks ComSR for the list!) and it's time to start assigning dollar goals to them.

BTW, LOL @ Lib-Ray. Let's keep our suggestions to video formats that actually exist.

Last Edited By: jsevakis Nov 2 13 11:53 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Nov 5 13 2:43 AM

So how much is the estimated cost of these stretch goals?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Nov 6 13 4:38 AM

CrazyAxe wrote:
So how much is the estimated cost of these stretch goals?

Karaoke should be cheapest since it shouldn't involve any additional licensing. Just editing and authoring.

--

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Nov 6 13 6:02 AM

madoverlord wrote:
Ah, never underestimate the complexities of music licensing... :)

But didn't you say AnimEigo has permission to reproduce the soundtrack, as long it's on the disc and not on a separate CD?
What's the issue? The lyrics or calling it "karaoke" instead of "Clean Opening/Ending"?

--

Last Edited By: psptzjchpksfhtbwdfqvyplltyefn Nov 6 13 6:05 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Nov 18 13 4:22 PM

CrazyAxe wrote:
I was wondering if bubblegum crisis would be availbe on lib ray http://lib-ray.org/

Also some other cool ideas stretch goal to have all the other bubblegum crisis series that you don't have the rights to.
(...)
  • Bubblegum Crisis role-playing game produced by R. Talsorian Games. It introduces an alternate setting named "Bubblegum Crossfire", basing on a premise that data units with hardsuit blueprints have been sent to more individuals than just Sylia Stingray, resulting in that by 2033 there are numerous Knight Saber-like groups spread all over the globe. RTG's license to produce this game has expired and at present all copies of back stock have been sold.
  • "Bubblegum Crisis: Before and After" (covering material from A.D. Police Files and Bubblegum Crash)
  • "Bubblegum Crisis EX" which includes completely new materials (also incorporating early design concepts for BGC mecha and hardsuits as new variants)
  • Ground Zero Games produces four sets of 28 mm scale miniatures based on Bubblegum Crisis
  • "Soldier Blue" novel by Toshimichi Suzuki. Translated into English language in 1997 by R.Talsorian Games

Your list is missing a boardgame produced by R.Talsorian Game: http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/22742/bubblegum-crisis and some more items listed by Rob Kelk's guide: http://robkelk.ottawa-anime.org/bgc/original.html

Last Edited By: TheFifthHorseman Nov 18 13 4:30 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Nov 21 13 8:31 PM

One of the things i enjoy about watching/re-watching classic shows is when i watch an interview with the seiyuu cast and when they share their memories and stories about the series from that time. I would like to see a video interview (new) with the main seiyuu cast: Kinuko Oomori, Michie Tomizawa, Akiko Hiramatsu, and Yoshiko Sakakibara.

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Dec 20 13 5:30 AM

I think we should vote for the 3RDBlueRay Disk and then do a Kickstarter for AD police files which is a Kickstarter to add more features to the BubbleGUM crisis BlueRay set. We should dicuss possible stretch goals before doing so and list all the possible stretch goals in the Kickstarter.

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Dec 20 13 10:15 AM

Another kickstarter For ADP could work and the other major things people want but are too expensive. Maybe put them in a listing for stretch goals and include a bonus for those that support both. 

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Dec 27 13 5:04 AM

Schedule is a little flexible right now since I am waiting to hear from various suppliers about pricing on a variety of things (like packaging options). I'll probably post a preliminary "slate" of items in 2-3 weeks, let people comment on them, then finalize and start voting in late January. There will be plenty of warning (KickStarter updates, etc)

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help