Remove this ad

Lead

Oct 28 13 12:05 AM

Tags : :

I was wondering if you could use phpBB https://www.phpbb.com/ for the forums after the kickstarter?
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Oct 29 13 5:40 AM

Well, it's a possibility, but I certainly don't want to have to worry too much about managing forums and servers. There would have to be a compelling reason why this was better.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Oct 30 13 10:47 AM

madoverlordWell, it's a possibility, but I certainly don't want to have to worry too much about managing forums and servers. There would have to be a compelling reason why this was better.

Some functions seem to be broken in this board (Yuku/ezboard). I can't use italics for example.
I'll just throw this here... image
https://www.google.com/search?q=related:www.invisionfree.com/+invisionfree

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Oct 30 13 2:39 PM

Let's try this again...
bold
italics
underline

Edit: It seems underlines work for me.
Edit 2: Manual bbcode mode works, but all the buttons are broken. Yuku 2.0 bbcode mode is buggy.

Last Edited By: psptzjchpksfhtbwdfqvyplltyefn Nov 2 13 1:21 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#6 [url]

Nov 3 13 10:18 PM

Besides the bold and italics buttons just not working, these forums have lots of other problems. Quote someone and start typing your reply under the quote and you can't separate your reply from the quoted content - the quote button just won't do anything. Yet editing the reply after it's been posted will allow it.

Also, think of how hard it was to add avatar images, signatures, and such. Way harder than any other forum. And when I try to input my personal details into my profile, it always gives me some error message.

-Paul Acevedo
 Games Editor, Mobile Nations

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Nov 3 13 10:46 PM

eastx
Besides the bold and italics buttons just not working, these forums have lots of other problems. Quote someone and start typing your reply under the quote and you can't separate your reply from the quoted content - the quote button just won't do anything. Yet editing the reply after it's been posted will allow it.

You can separate the reply and quote like I just did here without having to edit. Before typing your reply, a red dotted line with an arrow in a box will show below the quote, click the arrow and it will add a new paragraph and separate them. It's still nonsensical compared to how most forums work though.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Nov 9 13 10:24 PM

As a personal fan of phpBB, I'd be for a switchover as well. I haven't delved much into Yuku, but if it's anything like the old ezboard stuff, phpBB tends to be less of a headache on the admin side too.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Nov 20 13 11:20 AM

I'm all for moving to a different forum package/service for future projects. I'm a fan of open source but closed source isn't inherently evil. In this instance I really only care about that it works. These boards clearly have issues that make them more frustrating than they need be.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Nov 21 13 7:46 AM

I'd cast my vote for simplemachines.org which is a really nice forum software, personally I like it much better than this or phpbb...

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help