Remove this ad

Lead

Nov 9 13 3:31 PM

Tags : :

I've seen the romaji topic at the bottom, yet felt compelled to make a seperate topic for this.
Having just found the kickstarter page and promptly added my backing, I would really like to see a seperate Japanese subtitle track.
The main reason is that I have held back buying the Japanese bluray edition since it costs 200€ by now, in the hope that a more affordable western release would appear. Now that it is actually in the process of happening, I feel that that time has not been in vain.
Because I study Japanese at university I feel that having decent Japanese language subtitles to read would be very much appreciated. It would also add more value to the overall package, making it feel more complete and authentic in my opinion.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Nov 10 13 7:09 AM

While this is definitely possible, it will involve someone replacing the english subtitles with Kanji, proofing, etc. That could be a singificant investment of time, but given where the KickStarter is, the budget would allow for it if it were popular enough with the backers. Thus, the real question is: will enough of you think this more important than other uses of the extra budget?

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Nov 10 13 8:10 AM

ComSR wrote:
I'd say less than 10% would make use of it and there may be some qualms about it if the set finds its way to Japan...

I don't think there would be just because of the subtitles, otherwise those arguments could be made for the other language subtitles as well.
If the budget allows for it, it would be a nice alternative than to just have romaji and would be a better reflection of what is actually being said.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Dec 19 13 3:58 AM

Hi,

offers BluRay the option to display two (or more) subtitles simultaneously?
In this case Japanese subs would be a very nice feature for everyone learning the language. If the Japanese subs are placed above the "standard" subtitles you always have a reference. As far as I know, this is a feature no anime ever had.
Japanese subs with Furigana would be awesome, but if there are serious licensing problems it is not worth to risk the whole project. Maybe it is possible to allow the Japanese track only in combination with a second subtitle (like forced subs on some DVDs) to ease up the licensing issues.

As I am quite busy at the moment I can not offer any support and will accept any decision you make.
This reminds me to thank everyone involved in the project for the hard work.

Best reagrds

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#5 [url]

Dec 19 13 4:22 AM

As far as I know, Blu-Ray does not offer the option of overlaying two subtitle tracks at the same time. Rather, you would have to create a third track that has both sets of subtitles.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Jun 7 14 7:51 PM

I, too, think this would be a great idea if the current budget could support it. Japanese subtitles is one thing I feel is really missing from nearly all anime releases here. I now it's certainly a lot of work, bu there are many of us who'd use and appreciate it.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Jun 8 14 12:26 PM

purefault wrote:
I, too, think this would be a great idea if the current budget could support it. Japanese subtitles is one thing I feel is really missing from nearly all anime releases here. I now it's certainly a lot of work, bu there are many of us who'd use and appreciate it.

They're already in:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/madoverlord/bubblegum-crisis-ultimate-edition-blu-ray-set/posts/774077
Assuming the teams deliver, we'll have subtitles in English, French, German, Italian, Finnish and maybe Japanese.

--
BGC Early Adopter Premium
Time never betrays dreams. But dreams must not betray time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help