Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Nov 25 13 1:03 PM

Would gladly give up the coin for that 3rd disk

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 [url]

Nov 25 13 1:04 PM

I'm also fine with losing the coin and gaining the third disc. I'd also like to echo the person who inquired about a soundtrack CD, but if it's too late or not in the budget to go there, I totally understand.

Thanks for all the great work you're doing and I can't wait to enjoy this set. :)

Quote    Reply   

#25 [url]

Nov 25 13 1:28 PM

Would like to get an idea of what the coin looks like, as well as the options that would be included to the package (particularly the 3rd disk), before deciding on dropping the coin or not. Am leaning towards drop, but again, would like to see what the coin design is like before a final yay or nay.

Quote    Reply   

#27 [url]

Nov 25 13 1:53 PM

I'd be willing to give up any extra trapping if it spelled new dub. That being said, as a collector myself, I'd agree to omit the coin generally if 75% of the backers were in favor. The coin is a nice feature, but not absolutely needed. But as a suggestion: if the majority opts to not include the coin as part of the official set, why not offer the coin for a separate donation of $3? (yes, I know anyone who really wants it can get still get it without that. but it's a thought.)

Quote    Reply   

#28 [url]

Nov 25 13 1:57 PM

A couple of things:

1) There is enough budget already to do the 3rd disc. The question of the coin is one of freeing up budget to do other cool things.

2) A strange side-effect of the way you're going to get to rank stuff to use up the budget is that you could vote to dump the coin now, but later (after someone does some design work) vote to add it back in again (or something cooler that someone comes up with).

3) The idea of doing the coin as an add-on is entirely possible. I'd like to experiment with add-ons.

PDC84 wrote:
If the coin was dropped, would it increased the chances of a re-dub or adding the soundtrack on CD?

No way we'd be able to afford a redub. The CD is probably something that would be possible, depending on licensing issues. But since the Japanese CDs have been available for years, is that really a good use for the budget?

Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

Nov 25 13 2:18 PM

As a $5 backer, feel free to take this with a grain of salt ;) Since this is a video project, I think any extra bandwidth should go to presenting the best audio and video of the anime itself.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#32 [url]

Nov 25 13 2:23 PM

madoverlordA couple of things:

PDC84If the coin was dropped, would it increased the chances of a re-dub or adding the soundtrack on CD?

No way we'd be able to afford a redub. The CD is probably something that would be possible, depending on licensing issues. But since the Japanese CDs have been available for years, is that really a good use for the budget?

That sounds like the fatal blow to my hopes and dreams. :( As a matter of interest (and to initiate some remaining optimism), did we ever establish what kind of threshold of money we'd have to hit for a dub to be considered practical?

Quote    Reply   

#33 [url]

Nov 25 13 2:31 PM

I think about how I (and many of you, I'd wager) would truthfully experience this coin: look at it once, smile at the BGC graphics on it...and then place it back in the packaging, never to be viewed again. If that money could go towards improving content or quality of the actual blu rays, that is where the money should be spent.

Quote    Reply   

#36 [url]

Nov 25 13 4:09 PM

Yes, I did figure it out. And no, you don't want to know. One big problem with a new dub is that the original Japanese M&E tapes have been lost, so that track would have to be totally reconstructed.

Quote    Reply   

#37 [url]

Nov 25 13 4:19 PM

I would like the extra disc (increased bitrate, plus the archive).

I wasn't really enthusiastic about the coin, but it is hard to give it away for an unknown bonus I might or might not care about. I guess for the moment that I'm in the 50% camp, but I only get more willing to give it up from here.

Quote    Reply   

#38 [url]

Nov 25 13 4:41 PM

I'm not big on the coin either. If it's there, cool, I'll display it proudly, but I would rather have additional content available than shipping. Such as what is recorded of the English language songs in mp3 or FLAC format on the disc. Which, as they are recorded already, shouldn't be to tough to swing. I seem to recall seeing a full length video for Mad Machine years and years ago somewhere, wish I could remember where! 

Quote    Reply   

#40 [url]

Nov 25 13 5:08 PM

Is there an image of the coin or a concept image that could be posted so I know what I'm potentially giving up?

Overall, unless the coin is truly something unique and special I'd give it up in favour of extra content or better bit rates.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help