Remove this ad

Lead

Nov 25 13 4:50 PM

Tags : :

What sort of things are out there that we could include? I've seen ideas such as soundtracks, remastering Hurricane Live, AD Police files, Bubblegum Crash, etc.

I know I would like to see, even if they are just partials, isolated English language songs, maybe not on a CD, but maybe as MP3s or FLACs available via BD-Rom or playable off the disc for those without BD drives in their computer. I can't imagine this would cost a whole lot or take up much room on a disc, especially if we go for the third disc.

What else is out there? I love BGC, but I just don't know what sort of extra materials are out there!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Nov 25 13 7:22 PM

Alright, I have browsed through some of the threads, and have seen a few more ideas such as a new poster, subtitled versions of the audio dramas, and I was curious about the Grand Mal comics(I have them myself, but I know many likely do not). 

I believe Mr. Woodhead would like us to start talking about stuff for the Premium Edition. What do you guys think? We certainly have more money to play with than the basic version.

So far, my top choices are English sountrack, limited as it may be, subtitled audio dramas, Bubblegum Crash remastered or not, I don't really care much. Lets get some discussion going and help make AnimEigo's job a little easier!

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Nov 25 13 7:56 PM

Something occurred to me when I remembered the half-joke suggestion of Klingon subtitles. I know 2040 had a commentary track (only on one episode though, I think), but I don't think BGC ever did. Why not request the (presumably) fairly affordable option of a full commentary track by production members, available cast from the dub, etc?

In addition (and more relevantly inspired by Klingon subtitles), things like a heckler audio track or "Engrish" subtitles could be added to the final release. Not sure what the costs involved would be for either of those ideas, but I recall an Asian zombie movie that had both a real English and "Engrish" subtitles, which had a fairly amusing effect. I don't expect a lot of support for the idea, but I'm putting it out there.

And actually: I'm now thinking Klingon would be a nice addition as a subtitle track. I don't believe it's ever been done for an official release of an anime DVD/Bluray.

So yeah, some thing to generate discussion.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Nov 25 13 9:07 PM

I'm just a lowly Basic backer, but I remember Robert mentioning something in Update 16 that if the Premium backers were nice enough, getting Scramble Wars and extra content on the BDs for everyone might be possible with your extra budget. Obviously we all want more content, but I hope even if you see something shiny, you'll prioritize using your money for more content on the BDs for everyone.

Just a simple request from a "plebeian" basic backer :)

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Nov 26 13 2:26 AM

GOA wrote:
Not sure what the costs involved would be for either of those ideas, but I recall an Asian zombie movie that had both a real English and "Engrish" subtitles, which had a fairly amusing effect.

Only with this crabstick, I can control the enormous Mechanical Beasts Army! :P But is it wise spend a portion of the budget on something that amounts to a joke?

Here's my compilation of the most wanted features I made some time ago.

--
BGC Early Adopter Premium
Time never betrays dreams. But dreams must not betray time.

Last Edited By: psptzjchpksfhtbwdfqvyplltyefn Nov 26 13 2:45 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Nov 26 13 7:08 PM

These are the ones I would most prefer to see, and with the exception of Scramble Wars/Ten Little Gall Force being remastered, shouldn't be terribly expensive. I wouldn't even mind Scramble Wars, etc being included in a non-HD format, if it makes it possible without blowing most of the budget. I think priority should go to things that have never officially been in English before, like the Audio dramas and novels, or things that you've never been able to buy before, such as english language soundtrack. Things such as the JP language OSTs are available for purchase online, quite easily, and I feel they may be a waste of budget. Just my thoughts on it, but I completely understand why people would desire them. It's not like you could ever go to Sam Goody and buy the JP OSTs.

• Bubblegum Crisis karaoke (isolated JP/EN score) bonus feature
  • Audio drama (One Little Dangerous Knight Saber/To-love-ru Wars/Soldier Blue) with English subs and character images
  • Super Deformed Double Feature (Ten Little Gall Force/Scramble Wars) HD remaster
  • Digital copy of Bubblegum Crisis: Grand Mal comic, compatible with e-book readers
  • Digital copy of Bubblegum Crisis: B-Club Special and Soldier Blue novel in English, compatible with e-book readers
  • Complete OST CD EN

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Nov 27 13 6:51 AM

What else is out there? I love BGC, but I just don't know what sort of extra materials are out there!

Two video games, one for Turbografx and one for PC-88 (costs would include translation and software solution to emulate the original system).
BGC role-playing game from R.Talsorian Games
A boardgame from the same using extremely abbreviated rules (cf http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/22742/bubblegum-crisis )

The comic by Adam Warren. Not sure if still commercially available or not. Your impressions of it may vary a lot.

Rob Kelk lists a bunch of manga and artbooks: http://robkelk.ottawa-anime.org/bgc/original.html
Manga:
BGC OVA Manga: Go! Go! Sabers Eight parody stories starring the Knight Sabers.
BGC OVA Manga: MegaTokyo 2032: Side-stories of Bubblegum Crisis Several ADP and KS stories, some serious and some parody.
BGC OVA Manga: Soldier Blue Contained within Bubblegum Crash! B-Club Special, also exists as a CD drama and a novel already translated into English (a copy can be found on Joanne Hedge's website, apparently reproduced with permission from R.Talsorian Games)
ADPF OVA Manga: Deadend City Prequel to BGC which has been used to link many of characters together.

The first two would cost both translation and licensing, the latter two already have english versions, so it's a matter of licensing.

Artbooks:
Bubblegum Crisis B-Club Special
Bubblegum Crisis B-Club Film Comic '87

Bubblegum Crisis B-Club Visual Comic '89

Bubblegum Crisis 1 Completed File 5

Bubblegum Crisis 2 Completed File 6

Bubblegum Crash! B-Club Special

AD. Police Files B-Club Special

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#12 [url]

Dec 7 13 10:39 PM

ComSR wrote:
Only with this crabstick, I can control the enormous Mechanical Beasts Army! :P But is it wise spend a portion of the budget on something that amounts to a joke?

Here's my compilation of the most wanted features I made some time ago.

Well, I wasn't expecting wide support. But the reason I focused on things like additional subtitle tracks (even if humorous in nature) is because of the potential low cost. Thus either as a gap-filler [we may have money left that we can't buy something big with, but can afford something like a gag track], or just as a possible wider policy of expanding the number of features, I felt it would be worth discussing. :) Looks like there are other threads getting into though, so I'll continue tapping away there.

Edit: I could have suggested something really absurd. Like the inclusion of a Windows 7 compatible  "Bubblegum Crisis: The Screen Saver" software. :p Suffice to say, I remind myself that the Premium budget may be allocated differently. So Let's play with Basic first, and then worry about adding in additional features or just chipping ours in with the Basic, I suppose.

Last Edited By: GOA Dec 7 13 11:00 PM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Dec 11 13 10:39 AM

Something dumb we could do is a joke dub as well as joke subs, right? Get a couple interested parties from the backer list to "act" a part from the series, ham it up and offer it as an alternative LOW QUALITY audio option. Low quality to leave bits for good stuff, not jokes.

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Dec 11 13 2:28 PM

slerch666 wrote:
Something dumb we could do is a joke dub as well as joke subs, right? Get a couple interested parties from the backer list to "act" a part from the series, ham it up and offer it as an alternative LOW QUALITY audio option. Low quality to leave bits for good stuff, not jokes.

Hmm... why not?

( fighting back a sudden urge to scream "GENOM.... REEEETREAAAT!" )

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Dec 12 13 12:14 AM

First things first, I just would suggest, that we use the premium budget to give the folks who bought into the premium set some exclusive goodies. I feel that as someone who paid double the price, we should get that. As for what kind? Personally, I would take art books, CD's etc. Physical goods.

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Dec 12 13 8:42 AM

Agreed!

Altruistic sentiments aside, I want specials/exclusives for us Premium Backers. That's why we chose to put in more money to this set.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help