Remove this ad

Lead

Nov 25 13 6:30 PM

Tags : : , , , ,

Not sure how many people there is who want the coin, but I was trying my (very amateur) hands at photo-shopping together some possible designs. Currently I'm trying to only use the stuff available on the Wiki and there are some definite tweaks (both large and small) that would need to be made to these rough drafts to make them actually final design worthy - but what do you guys think about this for the back of the coin? 

http://www.dropbox.com/s/htzaf6gvrubtq0h/BACK%20COIN%20-%20SLEEPY.jpg

Also, would there be any way to get the original artwork used on disc 2 without the extra art assets around it?

EDIT: fixed the link to dropbox

Last Edited By: NotSure Nov 26 13 9:04 PM. Edited 2 times

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Nov 26 13 12:12 AM

First, I think having the Knight Saber logo on one side would be great.
Second, though I like Priss, I think some type of group shot would be better. Otherwise it would feel as if we were leaving out all the other characters.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Nov 26 13 3:41 PM

If it's possible to have designs on both sides, it would be interesting to make one side Genom themed and the other side Knight Sabers. One side could have Genom Tower with the word OBEY emblazoned across the top, while the other side could be one of the Knight Sabers' helmets with RESIST at the top.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Nov 28 13 5:40 AM

DaiIf it's possible to have designs on both sides, it would be interesting to make one side Genom themed and the other side Knight Sabers. One side could have Genom Tower with the word OBEY emblazoned across the top, while the other side could be one of the Knight Sabers' helmets with RESIST at the top

Dude, that sounds awesome!  A coin like that would be great for flipping, it makes for a pretty clear heads vs tails. =P

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Dec 10 13 6:28 PM

My current favorite idea:

One side: Circular text: MegaTokyo 2032 AD - The Genom Corporation; image: A boomer; label at bottom: OBEY

Other side: Circular text: Bubblegum Crisis - The Knight Sabers; image: Knight Saber with helmet off; label at bottom: DEFY

Images grabbed from the Settei.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Dec 11 13 8:06 AM

I like the idea of Knight Sabers on both sides

I agree with Deruji one side has the Knight Sabers (helmets lined up), and the other side all the faces of the Knight Sabers lined up.Or one side full body Knight Sabers suit line-up, and on the other side full body civilian Knight Sabers line-up. Ps. As you might surmise I don't care for Genom too much.PPS. I like the idea of notsure as well.

Last Edited By: Omoikane Dec 11 13 8:08 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Dec 11 13 10:00 AM

madoverlord wrote:
My current favorite idea:

One side: Circular text: MegaTokyo 2032 AD - The Genom Corporation; image: A boomer; label at bottom: OBEY

Other side: Circular text: Bubblegum Crisis - The Knight Sabers; image: Knight Saber with helmet off; label at bottom: DEFY

Images grabbed from the Settei.

I like that idea.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Dec 11 13 11:06 AM

Agree, Genom on one side and Knight Sabers on the other. ADP on the edge?

Genom= Boomer, Mason and either Genom logo or Mt. Fugi Mason on the left facing center, Boomer with big shoulder from early episode on the right facing center. Mt. Fuji/GENOM HQ outline in back. OBEY

Knight Sabers= Knights with helmets down full standing or close-ups of the faces helmets up. DEFY

I am guessing the detail won't be too great so maybe limit it either to the group with specific traits like tails and blade, or just faces that may be easier to pick out.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Dec 12 13 3:58 AM

There are definite limits on detail, especially given that coins can be hand-painted. So a single character per side is probably best.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Dec 12 13 7:57 AM

Boomer Head and OBEY
Priss Helmet and DEFY (really cool Idea with OBEY and DEFY are there any others? Did I miss a reference in BGC?)
OR
Mason and OBEY
Priss from concert (head back looking up with mic in hand) and Defy

Quote    Reply   
Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Dec 21 13 5:59 PM

I think it would be cool to use a boomer head for GENOM and make it look like modified money on one side,

and then put the something to do with the Knight Sabers on the other side.

It might communicate the OBEY and DEFY idea without writing it out directly on the coin.

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Dec 27 13 8:16 PM

GuyvarIII wrote:
I think it would be cool to use a boomer head for GENOM and make it look like modified money on one side,

and then put the something to do with the Knight Sabers on the other side.

It might communicate the OBEY and DEFY idea without writing it out directly on the coin.

Wow - that looks like a really nice proof of concept. 

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Jan 3 14 1:49 PM

I've been doing some more research on the coin, and one possibility that I think is worthy of discussion is doing a ceramic "poker chip" coin instead of a metal coin.

Advantages of this style of challenge coin:

* Less constraints on the artwork - finer printing, more colors. We could probably do a coin with "Rocker" Priss on one side, and the 4 Knight Sabers (or the Motoroid) on the other.

* Better economics (in particular, low setup costs), which means either we can get a bigger coin for the same money, or free up some budget for other things.

Thoughts?

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Jan 4 14 2:18 PM

I'd miss the heft of the metal coin. And I'm not entirely certain we need additional budget at this time. From what I've read, it doesn't sound like there are a whole lot of options available.

My preference would be to keep the challenge coin, use the Basic Backers budget for an exclusive Kickstarter O-ring (slipcover) for the 3-disc set.

Sadly, I lack the artistic vision to be helpful with the coin. Nonetheless, I'll comb through some images for inspiration (no nekkid Nene) and see about recommending some ideas.

What are the limitations on the coin? I get the idea on linework based on the earlier conversation. How about colors? What is the coin diameter and border requirement?

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Jan 5 14 5:04 AM

For metal coins, 1.5", line-work plus 7 colors (on both sides). There are some standard borders you can use or you can make your own.

For the ceramic coins: 1.75" minimum, we could go to 2" within the same budget as we have now.

There are quite a few manufacturers but here's an example: http://www.warriorchip.com/custom-military-poker-chips-products/2-inch-49mm-51mm-ceramic-challenge-coin-military-poker-chip/

Another possibility would be dog-tag style chips. These are less expensive, but we could probably do 2 of them, which gives 4 sides, one for each Knight Saber: http://www.warriorchip.com/custom-military-poker-chips-products/dog-tag-military-poker-chip/

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Jan 5 14 7:04 AM

I'm fine with anything, as long it doesn't mean we have to sacrifice or downgrade something else for a trinket.

--
BGC Early Adopter Premium
Time never betrays dreams. But dreams must not betray time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help