Remove this ad

Lead

Nov 27 13 1:13 AM

Tags : :

Hello All,

Thinking about proposals had me wondering about the possibility of an Artbook. It can be made up of the pieces from the digital omake.

Breakdown:

-B&W Character Pieces
-B&W Mechas
-B&W Equipment
-All Color Promotional Pieces

I wouldn't expect it to be like the NISA Artbooks that have the super hardcovers but something like the Artbook tha Viz made for the Accel World Volume 1 set. A good sturdy make that doesn't feel cheap.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Nov 27 13 7:25 AM

Sounds good, I'm in but this better be hardcover and includes some description/interviews etc.. Artbooks without any explanation to the artworks are kinda boring. 

Last Edited By: Mace24de Nov 27 13 7:30 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Nov 27 13 10:00 AM

In re: Artbook.

Two thoughts on this:

1. The B-Club Special. I don't know if you've ever seen it, but it has just about everything you could think of in regards to BGC. If it's done, there would need to be questions of translating the Japanese, but I think it would have the most impact.
2. Digital copy. Instead of a print run, which would have a cost per item, why not give a download or supply a digital copy of the artbook? I suspect the cost of a digital copy would be far less than the cost of print...

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Nov 27 13 2:19 PM

While a digital copy is nice, we are already essentially getting that in the Digital Omake Download. However, to spice it up, it could include the text interviews from Omake as well, character profiles. I don't know the cost of a hardcover. Heck, if I had access to the high end material, I could probably make the basic layout in InDesign though it would need someone with leet Photoshop skills to make some nice cover, etc.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Nov 28 13 5:49 AM

nwleifkerTwo thoughts on this:

1. The B-Club Special. I don't know if you've ever seen it, but it has just about everything you could think of in regards to BGC. If it's done, there would need to be questions of translating the Japanese, but I think it would have the most impact.
2. Digital copy. Instead of a print run, which would have a cost per item, why not give a download or supply a digital copy of the artbook? I suspect the cost of a digital copy would be far less than the cost of print...

I have both volumes of the B-Club Special, and they're fantastic.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help