Remove this ad

Lead

Dec 2 13 5:22 PM

Tags : :

I got in touch with the good folks at R Talsorian Games, and it turns out that they have their original source materials and can produce the BGC RPG and the two supplements (Before and After and AD Police) in PDF form.

They would like $2400 for the rights to include it in the set; that's basically $1 per set.

However -- and I need to emphasize this -- since their license to BGC has long since expired, a new "character goods" license will be required. This may be easy (because it was licensed previously), or it may be difficult to impossible. No matter what, a character goods MG (minimum guarantee) will be required, probably in the $2500 range.

If it turns out there is sufficient interest, I'll put it up for a vote, and then go inquire about the licensing issues.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Dec 2 13 5:51 PM

This seems like a cool oddity to have - not sure about what others think, but maybe this should be posted as a question in a Kickstarter update along with other things as well?

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Dec 3 13 3:01 AM

It will be a potential budget item if there seems to be enough interest in it. One thing I do like about the RPG books is that they have a lot of nicely laid-out art in them.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Dec 3 13 8:33 AM

madoverlord wrote:
It will be a potential budget item if there seems to be enough interest in it. One thing I do like about the RPG books is that they have a lot of nicely laid-out art in them.

I would like to express interest for this, particularly with the art you've mentioned, and with the per-set cost so low, I hope a lot of other people are similarly interested.  It is also interesting learning about things like getting a new "character goods" license.  So often in forum discussions, you see things like "I don't see why they don't just make more, shouldn't they want to make money?"  I can never get involved further than some hand-waving discussion of licensing specifics I'm not privy to.

Last Edited By: jtaclas Dec 3 13 8:49 AM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Dec 3 13 1:16 PM

The RPG books are a good source of background information, along with character sketches and artwork. Before and After, and EX especially. They're worth it for that alone...

--m(^0^)m-- Wot, no sig?

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Dec 7 13 10:56 PM

I'm behind this if the images in pdf form are high quality. I have a copy of the original book laying about somewhere, but am very up for seeing pdfs included if their going to be pretty. :D

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Dec 11 13 9:32 PM

I agree this sounds pretty interesting. Does anyone know off hand what kind of rule system the game uses? Is it a dice pool system kind of like World of Darkness, or is it d20-ish or something completely different?

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Dec 14 13 2:33 AM

Even though I have the set in print, I totally think this should be shared with the masses. It was the best use of the Fuzion system (easy to learn and fun to play, plus a great Lifepath Generator to help you flesh out your characters) and there is a lot of good information contained within.

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Feb 1 14 9:48 PM

This is definitely an option to put on the table. I know you had wanted to do some sort of voting mid January, but as it is now February, where are we on possibilities for the alotted budget?

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Feb 3 14 7:20 AM

I am prepping a post on things but need a few more prices. I expect to have something on the forums this week.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help