Remove this ad

Lead

Oct 3 13 9:53 AM

Tags : :

This is a big deal to some people.

Me I would just like it for the discs to be easily taken in and out like the Lone Wolf and Cub set.
Any extra neat stuff could be in the box too but I would like the Discs to be in a standard style case.

Maybe that could be set inside a larger cool picture box with a history/art book? :)
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Oct 3 13 11:33 AM

My personal preference is for the foldout style with an exterior slipcase. It gives you a lot of space for nice graphics / information.

But this is a decision that will hopefully be up to the supporters.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Oct 3 13 2:01 PM

I just want the packaging to be Blu-ray height. I'd be cool with a foldout style set that Robert mentioned.

No crazy over-sized box that won't fit on my shelves like what NISA does though. I'm not a fan of those at all.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Oct 3 13 4:18 PM

I understand the logic for a nice foldout type package, but those always seem to wear down.

I kind of like xenonas suggesting a steelbook. I see it as even more unlikely than his suggestion, but maybe 3 steelbooks in a box (each steelbook holding 2 disks based on the number given of 6 disks.) That'd give front and back of each steelbook, the two interior sides, and the box itself.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Oct 3 13 4:45 PM

There is a 6-BD Steelbook. Whether or not it is cost-effective in the quantities we would need is another question -- but it is a question we'll get an answer for down the road.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Oct 3 13 4:51 PM

There is a 6-BD Steelbook. Whether or not it is cost-effective in the quantities we would need is another question -- but it is a question we'll get an answer for down the road.

I honestly always forget there is one that does 6 disks.  I think because I personally always saw the plastic page as ruining the fancy/classyness of the steelbook.  And I definitely forgot that in these quantities it might not be viable (especially since it might be a better use of funds to improve materials for the disks.)

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Oct 3 13 5:28 PM

madoverlordWhat, no hardsuit helmet-shaped packaging? (cry)

As If Bandai's .hack//SIGN Limited Edtition wasn't troublesome enough....

While Steelbooks look nice, Scanavo hubs are the bane of my existence and there's no way replace one if the case gets damaged.

Pipe dream time! How about a Blu-ray-sized sturdy chipboard artbox that houses translucent black multi-disc Blu-ray case(s) with reflective foil/holographic art covers. An art booklet might fit in too. Avoid eco-style cases like the plague.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Oct 3 13 5:32 PM

As If Bandai's .hack//SIGN Limited Edtition wasn't troublesome enough....

While Steelbooks look nice, Scanavo hubs are the bane of my existence and there's no way replace one if the case gets damaged.

Pipe dream time! How about a Blu-ray-sized sturdy chipboard artbox that houses translucent black multi-disc Blu-ray case(s) with reflective foil/holographic art covers. An art booklet might fit in too. Avoid eco-style cases like the plague.

Ah, the scanavo hub... the one thing about steelbooks I don't like. I actually rather like the sturdy chipset artbox that uses black cases idea. Foil/holo covers sound nice, but I think just having ludicrously good quality art might be nicer.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#14 [url]

Oct 8 13 5:57 PM

I like the Boomer head, a la rip off of the toaster head for the BSG first version BD Box. yeah, I know, that was a miss with many fans, but it still looks cool.
a Knight Saber Power Suit?

I like the sort of really crafty and unusual boxes, but they can be unwieldy for the shelves,

really, just a high quality art box would be swell, since art boxes are near dead now. basically something of a box for an included art book and a standard BD amray case to slip in to... and separate, fatpack amray case for the DVDs? assuming this is all in one set.
but then does this get designed to BD or DVD case height? having both in the set creates issues for the anal retentive. This isn't one that bugs me too bad, but I have seen many that go crazy over BDs in DVD-sized cases.

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Oct 9 13 8:30 PM

madoverlordMy personal preference is for the foldout style with an exterior slipcase. It gives you a lot of space for nice graphics / information.

But this is a decision that will hopefully be up to the supporters.

Like the old Pioneer sets http://goo.gl/tdxbZW? Those are very nice. I'd be fine though with a nice sturdy art box and normal cases.

As for the size of the package, I think blu-ray size would be best. DVD size would be too big for a shelf with blu-rays, but even it doesn't match the dvds next to it, it will still fit on a shelf spaced only for dvds.

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Oct 26 13 5:09 AM

The chipboard Aniplex Limited editions are very nice. They aren't too big and everything is easily to get at. I also like the idea of more BD cases rather than shoving them all in to a single case. Again much like the AoA sets.

Here are my suggestions -

- 2 Clear BD cases with a single BD in each (assuming this is a 2 disc set for only BGC mirroring Japan) 
- Clear BD cases to maximize the exposure of any artwork.
- Chipboard box with a matte finish
- An Envelope for the Postcards rather than just clear plastic
- small Blu ray sized artbook full of any and all of the liner notes (as much as the PDF versions is cool, I would like this much more if possible)

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Oct 27 13 11:11 PM

Personally I'd like to see an old style full artbox. BGC has a lot of artsy opportunities to make a gorgeous display. And my collection of pretty boxes would like a new addition. Sadly that seems even less likely than Steelbook, given industry trends. Though it would be nice if something similar to Bandai's Code Geass season one box wouldn't be ruled out completely. I like pretty boxes. And this is the Ultimate Otaku Edition we're talking about here. What's more Ultimate Otaku than ridiculously pretty and collectible packaging?

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Oct 28 13 5:02 PM

Personally, I'm not a fan of steelbook cases; I think they're a bit impractical, and the spindles are horrible. I would prefer regular Elite BD keepcases, perhaps with an artbox if feasible.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help