Remove this ad

Lead

Dec 4 13 7:37 AM

Tags : :

Getting digital versions of the B-Club special books may, just perhaps, be possible.

However, it will be a fair amount of effort to determine the rights situation. Therefore, before going to a lot of effort, let's do a little prioritization.

Which of the books do you think are essential, and which do you think would just be "nice to have"?
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Dec 4 13 9:29 AM

Primarily the ones that cointain original manga stories.
Such as:

• Go! Go! Sabers
  • Bubblegum Crash! B-Club Special (feat. Soldier Blue)
  • A.D. Police: Dead End City (once licensed by Viz)
  • B-Club Film Comic Bubblegum Crisis (feat. Nene-chan)
    Other:
  • B-Club Special The Story of Knight Sabers 2032-2033
    Allegedly rare in print form and the "Holy Grail" of BGC artbooks.

--
BGC Early Adopter Premium
Time never betrays dreams. But dreams must not betray time.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Dec 4 13 10:56 AM

I'd think the answer would depend on some questions like
-- Would you reprint the whole specials or just the manga, and would reprinting just the manga have any difference in licensing costs? (It's my impression that except for AD Police, the manga is only a small part of the specials.)
-- If you did reprint the whole specials, how much of them would you be able to translate? I would imagine that logistically, translating a short manga would be much easier for you than translating an entire B-Club Special. Alternatively, you could translate the manga and certain important articles, without translating the entire specials?
-- Would you ever produce a separate AD Police Blu-ray? If so, it seems that ADP-related content would best belong there, not here.

And don't forget Gambare, Nene-chan, which is a short manga that is not from the B-Club Specials.

I would tend to agree that the manga is most important, and also that Crisis is more important than ADP or Crash.

Last Edited By: Ken Arromdee Dec 4 13 10:59 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Dec 4 13 3:47 PM

Not being familiar with these specials, it's hard to suggest any prioritization, so I'm not sure if I can really provide much input. I would probably recommend having higher priority assigned to more closely related works, like if something is related more towards Crash, or AD Police, perhaps those could be worked out as part of a kickstarter for those separate series.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Dec 8 13 4:43 AM

I would consider the BGC B-Club Special (Story of the Knight Sabers 2032) as the top priority..It is pretty much the holy grail of BGC stuff, as others have said. Plus if that's included that should be just about the best possible artbook that could be included with the set, even if it is digital. Anything else should come after that.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Dec 11 13 7:42 AM

RevRaven wrote:
I would consider the BGC B-Club Special (Story of the Knight Sabers 2032) as the top priority..It is pretty much the holy grail of BGC stuff, as others have said. Plus if that's included that should be just about the best possible artbook that could be included with the set, even if it is digital. Anything else should come after that.

As I'm sure you're aware, if ANY of these 'Special books' are in Japanese, it won't do a lot of people any good because they can't READ it.  But if Grand Mal were available, I'd love to read it.  Reprints wouldn't be bad, but since some of them were done by CPM Manga, some of them might not be available anymore. 

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help